Weaver speciesChoose different species from drop-down list and press 'Go' button. See Full species list.
Weaver family FAMILY PloceidaeIUCN: Least concern Discovery: coming
News items about species
1. Basic biology
2. Breeding facts
Breeding information based on Handbook of the Birds of the World, Vol. 15.
3. Photos of Weaver NestsNo records yet - be the first to submit a PHOWN record!
See PHOWN summary page for this species here.
4. Breeding distribution
Google map showing distribution (For species with small ranges you need to zoom in at the correct area to see the range):
yellow blob - range of weaver species; read more about this here.
- PHOWN records with photos
- PHOWN records with no photos (Nest Record Cards, other records)
- Birdpix records
- comments on out of range records, or interesting records
- type locality
CLICK on the marker on the map to see individual record details.
5. Range changesNot South African species
The above is based on Weaver Wednesday 3, a weekly series about range changes in South African weaver species.
This species text first appeared as n/a